The process of globalisation is central to an understanding of the contemporary world. The nature of this process and its implications for international development are hotly debated and you’ll tackle key questions including:
- Is globalisation leading to increasing international inequality and poverty, or does the expansion of international trade in goods and services provide new opportunities for developing countries?
- How can we make sense of emergent trends such as fair trade, social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility and sustainable consumption?
- Does globalisation call for a radical overhaul of existing international, national and local institutions?
- And why is it so difficult to solve global environmental problems such as climate change?
You’ll also consider the counter-tendencies and resistance to globalisation and how these are played out in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The MA in Globalisation, Business and Sustainable Development at University of East Anglia will provide you with the tools to critically analyse the process of globalisation and its impact on international development.
A career in international development can take you in all kinds of directions such as international organisations, governmental and non-governmental organisations, local governments, private sector and PhD programmes.
Previous graduates have gone on to work for the British High Commission in Ghana, UNITAR in Japan, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and PhD studies in related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Globalisation, Business and Development
- Ma in Globalisation Business and Sustainable Development Exam
- Perspectives on Globalisation
- Development Work Placement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sustainable Development View 232 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- Degree Subject Social Science
- Degree Classification 2.1 or equivalent
Applicants should normally have a good undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution. The University will also take into account the employment experience of applicants where relevant.
It is normal for undergraduate students to apply for entry to postgraduate programmes in their final year of study. Applicants who have not yet been awarded a degree may be offered a place conditional on their attaining a particular class of degree.s
International16400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.