Develop competencies in analysis of the context of agricultural change; design and development of appropriate advisory strategies to support agricultural development.Equip Graduates on how to support adult learning and behaviour change; and research and analytical skills to identify and support worthwhile innovations.The Agricultural Extension and Innovation programme from the University College Dublin aims to prepare graduates for future roles in advisory services, technical consultancy and education.
Career opportunities for graduates of this Agricultural Extension and Innovation programme at University College Dublin are in agricultural advisory, consulting and education services. Across Europe and internationally there is increasing attention on the critical contribution of Knowledge Transfer processes to sustainable and competitive agricultural development and graduates with competencies in agricultural extension are highly sought.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Research Methods
- Strategic Communications
- Agricultural Extension & Innovation
- Minor Thesis (Ext&Innovation)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold the equivalent of a minimum Lower Second Class Honours Degree (NFQ Level 8), or international equivalent, in a range of academic qualifications including Agricultural Science, Life Science and Business Degree programmes from a recognised higher education institution. Applications are welcome from people with work experience in government and non-governmental organisations that provide rural extension services in agriculture, environmental and community development.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8875 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4490
- nonEU fee per year - € 12800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.