Give and get more. For us, a student is someone who actively engages in learning and who gives 100 % in solving the challenges presented to him or her. Our international community of researchers, teachers and other students support each other in the endeavor; together we will achieve far more than ever alone. The programme is one of the three biggest IS programmes in Scandinavia.
You deserve a future career you will love. With a degree in Information Systems from JYU you will have versatile career opportunities available. Want to work with large ICT development projects? Consult and lead digitalization development? Perhaps establishing your own start-up is more your thing? Upon graduation, the choice is yours. Many of our alumni go directly into jobs in such companies as Accenture or Deloitte. Some pursue doctoral studies.
Come & question the current status quo. Every one of us uses digital services for work and play, and even more so in the thoroughly digitalized future. We need people with skills and abilities to question the current solutions and develop them based on reliable analysis and methods. With a degree in Information Systems, you will learn how to do it in a very practical way. At JYU, we emphasize practical and proven ways for developing new, better systems and digital services based on customer needs.
Get JYUnited. The University of Jyväskylä is JYUnited with the surrounding society. The campus is in the heart of Jyväskylä , making JYU and Jyväskylä the perfect urban retreat for studying. We will help you to settle in and support your studies with our Student Life operating model. It helps students to succeed in their studies by creating optimal conditions for academic learning and well-being in this Scandinavian, lively and safe city. We also have strong collaboration with industry both at local and national level; the vast majority of Master’s theses are completed in collaboration with industry.
The degree from the University of Jyväskylä is unique in Finland in combining Information Technology with Economic Sciences. Our graduates will be able to:
- analyse real-life problems and provide ICT-based solutions to them;
- design intelligent ICT-enabled services;
- manage an existing ICT organisation;
- create a new, ICT-driven business.
Graduate characteristics also include good international communication skills due to the integrated language and communication studies; argumentation skills and logical thinking; team working abilities and social skills.
There are various roles IS graduates are able to adopt in private and public enterprises. The below lists some examples of the role titles:
- Expert positions in businesses: Analyst, Business Analyst, Product Owner, Project Coordinator, Service Designer, Service Developer, System Designer;
- Management positions: Project Manager, CEO, ICT/Service Manager, Group Manager, Customer Service Manager, Product Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Service Line Director, Solution Manager, Solutions Lead, System Manager;
- Marketing roles: Product Marketing Manager;
- Consultation roles: Senior Consultant, Service Design Consultant;
- R&D: Doctoral Student, Researcher, Postdoctoral Researcher, Development Manager, Business Development Manager, Service Development Manager, Product Development Manager, Project Researcher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organizational IT, Strategy and Governance
- IT Operations and Enterprise Architecture
- Advanced Systems Development
- Master's Thesis Seminar
- Maturity test
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 47 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level.
- Suitable fields of the degree with at least good* average grade are e.g. Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Engineering, Business Information Systems, or Wirtschaftsinformatik, including sufficient (c. 30 ECTS) studies in business and economics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.