The Statistics and Machine Learning programme from Linköping University focusses on modern methods from machine learning and database management that use the power of statistics to build efficient models and make reliable predictions and optimal decisions. You will gain deep theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience from extensive amounts of laboratory work. If you want to complement your studies with courses at other universities, you can participate in exchange studies during the third semester.
This programme is for you if you aspire to learn how to:
- improve the ability of a mobile phone’s speech recognition software to distinguish vowels in a noisy environment
- provide early warning of a financial crisis by analysing the frequency of crisis-related words in financial media and internet forums
- improve directed marketing by analysing shopping patterns in supermarkets’ scanner databases
- build an effective spam filter
- estimate the effect that new traffic legislation will have on the number of deaths in road accidents
- use a complex DNA microarray dataset to learn about the risk factors of cancer
- determine the origin of an olive oil sample with the use of interactive and dynamic graphics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical methods
- Advanced R programming
- Advanced Academic studies
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Advanced Data Mining
- Big Data Analytics
- Introduction to Python
- Philosophy of Science
- Bayesian Learning
- Computational statistics
- Time series analysis
- Multivariate Statistical Methods
- Web Programming
- Neural networks and learning systems
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Probability Theory
- Decision Theory
- Data Mining Project
- Text mining
- Database Technology
- Master's thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 18 other Masters in Statistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen within statistics, mathematics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or a similar degree. Completed courses with passing grade in following subjects:
- linear algebra
- programming English corresponding to the level of English in Swedish upper secondary education (English 6/B). Exemption from Swedish 3.
International9377 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18754 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Linköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.