The world’s online security depends on you. Step up to the plate with this fascinating Master’s course, taught by experts at one of the world’s leading cyber security hubs.
About YouYou’ll be analytical, technical and a modern-day codebreaker. Cyber security is a challenge that will not go away, affecting companies, individuals and even governments. You could be:
- A recent graduate – possibly a maths or engineering graduate with good programming skills, or you might be a good developer but have little knowledge of cyber security.
- Already working in industry – experienced in technical software development, and looking to upskill and enhance your professional development.
- An international student looking to study a UK master’s degree, to meet the global need for cyber security skills.
This is an applied Applied Cyber Security programme at Queen's University Belfast, which mixes theoretical skills with practical work in the lab to give you hands-on experience.
Applied Cyber Security Highlights
The demand for certified cyber security professionals is currently growing at over 12 times the rate of the overall job market.
- Fully certified by GCHQ/NCSC
World Class Facilities
The syllabus, teaching materials and labs are informed by the world-class research being undertaken at the Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT) at Queen's University Belfast. In addition to GCHQ/NCSC Master’s certification, CSIT itself is also certified as an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research by GCHQ/NCSC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Cryptography
- Computer Forensics
- Ethical & Legal Issues in Cyber Security
- Network Security & Monitoring
- Software Assurance
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 134 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Mathematics with Computer Science, Physics with Computer Science or a related discipline. Applicants must normally have achieved 2:1 or above in relevant modules.
- Applicants who hold a 2.2 Honours degree and a Master’s degree (or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University) in one of the above disciplines will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.