The specific research interests of our full-time and adjunct faculty members include:
- Electrochemistry and surface analysis
- Material science
- Pulp and paper research
- Organometallic chemistry and catalysis
- Organic synthesis
- Aqueous silicon chemistry
- Environmental and medicinal chemistry
It normally takes two years to complete the Chemistry program requirements at Lakehead University, which include term courses that are tailored to meet the student's needs and interests; a research-based thesis project supervised by one or more of the faculty members; and two Departmental research seminars.
Some important points regarding graduate level research within the Department of Chemistry:
- The excellent faculty-to-graduate student ratio ensures a strong interaction between graduate students and members of the Department
- Extensive funding from government granting agencies [e.g., Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI)], private industry, and Lakehead University has contributed to the tremendous expansion in research infrastructure available to researchers and graduate students in the Department
- Several members of the Department of Chemistry and their graduate students collaborate with various companies and agencies, including Bowater Pulp and Paper Canada and theNorthwestern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre
- Many successful M.Sc. graduates from the Department of Chemistry at Lakehead University go on to pursue Ph.D. studies at other universities
More informationVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Topics in Analytical Chemistry
- Special Topics in Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Medical Imaging
- MRI Physics and Medical Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 57 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for admission must be graduates of a recognized university, college, or institute as well as show evidence of scholarly achievement.
- An applicant holding a degree other than one in the discipline area to which admission is sought will be considered on the basis of courses taken and academic standing. A Qualifying Year at the undergraduate level may be required to meet the admission standards.
- Meeting the minimum requirements does not necessarily guarantee admission. No candidate will be admitted unless the academic unit recommends admission.
International14932 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7466 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2694 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.