Why to study
The Special Education program at the University of Northern British Columbia, includes an integrated core of required courses, elective courses, and thesis, project portfolio, or comprehensive examination routes.
This Special Education specialization is delivered online or by other distance technologies. It requires a minimum of 31 graduate credit hours for completion, with an option to take up to 10 additional elective credit hours. The Special Education specialization requires students to complete five (5) required courses, and a sufficient number of elective courses to meet the minimum 31 credit hour graduation requirement including the portfolio (3 credit hours), comprehensive examination (3 credit hours), project (6 credit hours), or thesis (9 credit hours) routes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Research Design and Methodology
- Human Development: Implications for Education
- Educating Exceptional Students
- Language and Learning Disabilities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Application fee.
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) sent directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
International4686 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2343 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4686 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2343 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
PT: Nat/Intl: 1,230 CAD /semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.