It is open to candidates who are proficient in English and have taken their BA degree in English language and literature, or to graduates of appropriate disciplines who demonstrate the ability for intensive literary study. Coursework is conducted in seminars, and assessment is based on essays and/or a written examination.
The core unit of the English Language and Literature program at Yeditepe University, required for all students, consists of four courses. Two are to be taken during the fall semester: Issues in Critical Theory I and Research Methodology, and the other two in the spring semester: Issues in Critical Theory II and Masterpieces of British Literature. Three elective courses and a non-credit seminar are also required. While elective offerings vary by term, courses in both English literature and comparative literature are offered regularly, including psychoanalytic literary criticism, Shakespearean drama, and Gothic studies. Those whose knowledge of English literature is not considered adequate will be required to take preparatory courses at undergraduate level on a non-credit basis, usually for a period of up to two terms.
The time thus spent will not be deducted from the maximum period for fulfilling the requirements of the MA degree. Before beginning the thesis, students must complete the MA Seminar in English Literature. Students must complete a total of 21 credits and submit an original research project of 20,000-30,000 words, usually by the end of the second year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Contemporary Critical Theory
- Research Methodology
- Masterpieces of English Literature
- MA Seminar in English Literature
- Graduation Thesis
- Theories of Psychoanalytic Criticism
- Sociology and Literature
- The Formation of the Myth and the Concept of Hero
- Introduction to Comparative Literature
- Issues in Literature and Philosophy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 13 other Masters in Literature in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- On-line application form
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Copy of your passport
- English Language Certificate TOEFL (66) or YDS (55)
- Note: Master degree applicants are not required to obtain a TOEFL before they apply,instead they can take our Proficiency exam. If students dont acquire 55 out of 100 in the Proficiency Exam, they will be automatically placed in our Preparatory School.
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.