This Master's program in Public Administration is offered jointly by the Department of Political Science of The University of Winnipeg and the Department of Political Studies of The University of Manitoba. Unless otherwise specified by particular agreements attached to its creation, the program is governed by the general procedures and regulations devised by the two universities for Joint Masters Programs.
The objective the program is to provide students, both full- and part-time, with a sound knowledge of Public Administration. The approach is interdisciplinary, although courses in Political Science/Political Studies are emphasized. The core exposes all students to a common set of courses designed to encourage both innovative and integrative perspectives. The Public Administration emphasis allows interested students to obtain knowledge of both the theory and the practice of government organizations, including knowledge of the political, economic, social and other contexts in which they operate.
- Graduates may find employment in local, provincial, or federal government offices. They may also find work in the fields of international law and organization, teaching, journalism, public relations and public administration.
- They are valued as management consultants in public opinion research or in law enforcement services, labour unions, political parties and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Many lawyers and business people also find that the degree provides them with valuable background knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles Of Public Finance For Policy Analysis
- MPA Capstone Seminar
- Politics of Urban Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Political Science View 25 other Masters in Public Administration in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The joint MPA Program is a multi-disciplinary program admitting students with undergraduate work from a variety of backgrounds including political science, sociology, social work, science, economics, business and nursing.
- Students may be recommended for admission with a GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 credit hours of their undergraduate degree.
International489 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 489 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National222 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 222 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.