These are some of the important questions investigated in the Master of Arts in Applied Economics (MAE) at the University of Winnipeg. As a MAE student, you will obtain proficiency in economic analysis, and apply this knowledge to contemporary economic policy issues in Canada and abroad.
Applied Economics Students will learn how economics informs policy in a variety of fields, including regulation, health care, environmental policy, poverty, labour issues and finance. The demand for professional economists with strong analytical skills and practical knowledge in the area of policy analysis has been growing.
The MAE program caters to this demand on the part of employers, whether in the public, private or nongovernmental sectors. The MAE Program is normally completed over the course of one calendar year. Students may choose to pursue a general degree, or to complete a concentration in either Policy Analysis or Environmental, Resource and Development Economics.
- MAE graduates are uniquely positioned to work as researchers and practitioners in the private, public, nongovernmental and not-for-profit sectors, in Canada and around the world. Recent graduates have obtained
- employment with IG Wealth Management, Red River College, the Canada Revenue Agency, the
- Government of Manitoba, Manitoba Hydro among others. Other graduates have continued their studies in
- PhD programs in Economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Econometrics
- Development Economics
- Environmental and Natural Resource
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Environmental Economics & Policy View 33 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Canada
- Transcripts from ALL recognized, post-secondary institutions attended, whether or not a degree has been awarded.
- Two letters of recommendation and reference forms from individuals familiar with your academic work.
- English Language Scores ( if applicable). Official test scores must be forwarded directly to the Graduate Studies
- Admissions Office from the testing agency. For initial assessment purposes only, copies of test scores (uploaded to
- your application) are acceptable and preferred.
International13999 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13999 CAD per year during 12 months.
National6799 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6799 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.