As the programme has a strong focus on the natural sciences; a bachelor’s degree in one of the natural sciences or related engineering studies is an entry requirement.
The exact background, however, can be very different, both in discipline (e.g. Marine Biology, Engineering, Nuclear Physics, Astronomy, etc.) and nationality and culture (60% from abroad, over 10 nationalities is no exception).
This educational and cultural mixture provides a very interesting and challenging learning environment, in which you can benefit and learn from each other’s knowledge and background and get used to working in interdisciplinary/intercultural groups. Together, you (learn to) develop strategies to deal with the current issues in the field of EES.
Energy and Environmental Sciences graduates from the University of Groningen are renowned for their in-depth systems approach and/or specialised experimental skills. Within months after graduation almost all (> 90%) graduates obtain suitable jobs in:
- Research (institutes or universities)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data analysis and statistical methods
- Impact of Energy and Material Systems
- Sustainable Use of Ecosystems
- Sustainability and Society
- Systems Integration and Sustainability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Environmental Sciences View 16 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Admissions Office will advise the Admissions Board on your application, after which the board will decide if you meet the admission requirements in terms of general level of previous education and specific background knowledge.
- University Bachelor's degree in (Applied) Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Biology or another degree in the natural sciences or related engineering studies, such as mechanical engineering and electrical engineering.
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.