This Finance - Advances in Finance and Accounting Master's degree at Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) is also a stepping-stone toward a Doctoral degree leading to academic and research opportunities either in university based or public/private research organizations.
This AFA master's degree provides a full English, high-level instruction in complementary fields such as financial markets, corporate finance, banking, insurance, auditing and accounting. Its specificity resides in providing in-depth fundamental notions in all of these areas together with advanced tools needed for analysis, treatment or modeling of finance, accouting and audit data.
Benefits of training
- An innovative "learning-by-doing" approach in which the students achieves a high level in finance and accounting through practice and research activites as part of structured learning process. The teaching environment, based on outstanding research and the newest scientific advances, allows students developing and using core research skills that are important in both the professionnal and academic world.
- There is a strong involvement of students by the means of presentations prepared in group, participation in research work led by professors, or realization of a term paper which needs performing literature reviews to uncover new perspectives, putting forward a research problem that is of interest for the professional and academic world, analyzing financial and accounting databases, and presenting the results in a convincing and structured way.
- High-level, full English instruction in complementary fields of study including market finance, corporate finance, banking, insurance, auditing and accouting.
- Opportunity for acquiring in-depth tools needed for analysis, treatment and modeling of audit, accounting and finance data.
- Partnerships with the doctoral Scool of Management Sciences (ESDG n° 275), the Center for Applied Management Research CERAG UMR CNRS 5820, one of the most important research center in management sciences in France, The European Institute for Financial Data (EUROFIDAI), and various other financial institutions such as Euronext and the Caisse des Dépôts. Thanks to theses partnerships some students also benefit from assistance with their internships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data Analysis
- Fundamentals of finance and accounting
- Advanced in finance
- Advances in accounting, banking & insurance
- Term paper
- Master thesis
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- French and European candidates should hold a university degree of 240 ECTS credits.For non-European candidates, a 4-year university degree minimum is required, and prior studies will be examined and approved by a university committee. A study validation form is available online with the course application form.
- Those for whom English is not their native language, or who have not been studying fully in English or living in an English speaking country for some (significant) time will need to demonstrate an advanced level of English. This can be done by providing a TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS or even GMAT score or an English instructor assessment (language proficiency report included in the application form).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.