This development calls for control of the environmental impacts of urbanisation like growing traffic, increasing waste emissions, deteriorating air and water quality, and growth in energy and resource consumption.
The MSc programme Urban Environmental Management runs annually beginning from September. It comprises 120 ECTS credits and runs for two academic years. The first year consists of 40 weeks of coursework; the second year consists of the academic internship (16 weeks) and thesis programme (24 weeks), which are the core components of the master's degree programme. Each of these elements is described in more detail below.
Future career - Urban Environmental Management
Graduates from the Urban Environmental Management programme at Wageningen University and Research are well-equipped with the skills and knowledge to continue academic training (PhD) or continue their career outside the University.
Graduates have continued their career in:
- City management,
- Environmental research,
- Urban planning and environmental consulting,
- Water, waste management and transport,
- Construction and building stock management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Systems Analysis
- Geo-information Science
- Land Use Planning
- Business Management and Organisation
- Urban Systems Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Sept: Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Environmental Management Urban Planning View 16 other Masters in Urban Planning in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who wish to enrol for the MSc programme Urban Environmental Management must meet the general admission requirements that apply to all MSc study programmes at Wageningen University.
- There are no additional admission requirements for Urban Environmental Management. A degree of the Bachelor Programme Environmental Sciences of Wageningen University gives unconditional admission. Relevant Dutch and foreign bachelor’s degree give possible admission. We strongly advise you to contact one of the study advisors before, during or shortly after the admission process. In case of possible admission the Admission Board Urban Environmental Management has to decide.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.