The MA in International Education (Distance Learning) at University of Leicester is designed for educational professionals in primary, secondary or tertiary education, as well other organisations with an educational remit - for example NGOs, charitable organisations, museums and galleries. This degree will:
- Enhance your understanding of contemporary educational issues, both national and international, with a particular emphasis on those which are of direct relevance to your professional context.
- Develop your ability to reflect on theory in the area of teaching and learning and use it as the basis for understanding and improving practice.
- Develop your ability to undertake small scale research.
- Develop your understanding of ethical principles which underpin the design, conduct and reporting of educational research
Studying by supported distance learning allows you to choose when and where you study, meaning you do not have to take a career break. We pride ourselves on the level of support we provide our distance learning students. Our award-winning library has world class facilities for distance learning students. You will have full access to our other support services and will be assigned a personal tutor. Out virtual learning environment Blackboard offers the course material and a wide range of study support material, and you will have the opportunity to join an interactive web-based community of fellow students around the world.
- Contemporary Issues in International Education
- Introduction to Education Research Methods
- Pathway 1: Leadership for Social Justice in Education
- Pathway 2: Pedagogy
- Pathway 3: Innovation and Reform
- Pathway 4: Inclusion and Special Education Needs
- Pathway 5: Learning Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 37 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Leicester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2:2 or above in a relevant subject, or equivalent.
- You will need to demonstrate a minimum of two years' experience (not necessarily consecutive) in a professional role (paid, unpaid, voluntary) as an educator, manager, or a learning support role (or equivalent). If your experience in any one of these roles is less than 2 years, please contact us so that we can discuss the relevance of your experience for this programme).
International5222 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10445 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5222 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10445 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.