The MA in International Education (Distance Learning) at University of Leicester is designed for educational professionals in primary, secondary or tertiary education, as well other organisations with an educational remit - for example NGOs, charitable organisations, museums and galleries. This degree will:
- Enhance your understanding of contemporary educational issues, both national and international, with a particular emphasis on those which are of direct relevance to your professional context.
- Develop your ability to reflect on theory in the area of teaching and learning and use it as the basis for understanding and improving practice.
- Develop your ability to undertake small scale research.
- Develop your understanding of ethical principles which underpin the design, conduct and reporting of educational research
Studying by supported distance learning allows you to choose when and where you study, meaning you do not have to take a career break. We pride ourselves on the level of support we provide our distance learning students. Our award-winning library has world class facilities for distance learning students. You will have full access to our other support services and will be assigned a personal tutor. Out virtual learning environment Blackboard offers the course material and a wide range of study support material, and you will have the opportunity to join an interactive web-based community of fellow students around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in International Education
- Introduction to Education Research Methods
- Pathway 1: Leadership for Social Justice in Education
- Pathway 2: Pedagogy
- Pathway 3: Innovation and Reform
- Pathway 4: Inclusion and Special Education Needs
- Pathway 5: Learning Technologies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 44 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- 2:2 or above in a relevant subject, or equivalent.
- You will need to demonstrate a minimum of two years' experience (not necessarily consecutive) in a professional role (paid, unpaid, voluntary) as an educator, manager, or a learning support role (or equivalent). If your experience in any one of these roles is less than 2 years, please contact us so that we can discuss the relevance of your experience for this programme).
International2611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10445 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
EU/EEA2611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10445 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.