This programme also enables international collaborations to take place across the academic and professional field of museum studies.
The Museums and Galleries in Education MA programme offered at the University College London (UCL) enables students to carry out a practical and theoretical study on education in museums and galleries. University-based sessions are supplemented by teaching sessions at national, regional and university collections.
Additionally students gain flexible access to historic and contemporary sites and full-time students have a 20-day research-based placement in a museum, gallery or heritage site.
Graduates of this programme are currently working as: education officers at historical sites; digital programme managers in national art and design museums; heads of learning, heads of interpretation and curation in museums and galleries, and heads of research in museums/galleries in the UK, continental Europe, and internationally.
- Issues in Museums and Galleries in Education
- Responsive Museums: Inclusion and Outreach in Practice
- Alternative Models for Art Education
- Constructing and Interpreting Heritage Culture
- Contemporary Art and Artists in Education
- Material and Virtual Cultures: Transforming the Museum and Gallery Experience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Museum Studies View 302 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- You will normally be required to have an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in an arts, humanities or science-related subject from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, together with professional or voluntary experience in museums, galleries or heritage sites.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.