Tailor your education to suit your particular interests
The Marketing and Consumption programme at the University of Gothenburg deals with regional, national, and global aspects of sustainable consumption, consumer behaviour, and maintaining a competitive advantage. An international group of students with different educational backgrounds and work experiences will enrich your studies and prepare you for a successful international career. Recent theoretical developments in marketing are combined with up-to-date, real-world cases analyzed in close cooperation with the surrounding society and companies. In addition to the core courses providing foundational knowledge, you will have the opportunity to choose between a variety of elective courses to tailor your learning experience, for example in consumer decision-making, service design, or digital marketing. It is also possible to choose courses in other fields, such as management and tourism. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad at one of our high-quality international partner universities.
Faculty reputation in marketing and consumption
The marketing faculty at the School of Business, Economics and Law enjoys a reputation as one of the best in Sweden in both research accomplishments and classroom tuition. The programme offers up-to-date courses by experienced and qualified professors. Marketing is an important field within business administration at the School of Business, Economics, and Law in Gothenburg, and over the years, thousands of satisfied students have obtained their diplomas in marketing.
You will gain foundational knowledge in eight mandatory courses:
- Marketing in the Service Economy
- Sustainable Marketing Management
- Consumption and Markets
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Branding and Consumption
- Retail Marketing
- Perspectives on Consumer Choice Behavior
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Management Studies Digital Marketing View 16 other Masters in Marketing in Sweden
- A Bachelor's degree (equivalent to 180 ECTS credits) from an internationally recognized university
- English 6/English B from Swedish upper secondary school or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test
Programme specific entrance requirements:
- A minimum of 60 credits of courses in business administration, and a minimum of 15 credits in statistics or 7,5 credits in statistics and 7,5 credits in quantitative methods and/or mathematics.
International7976 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15952 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full education cost: 174 000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.