Specialised Career TracksWith the innovative development of a Health Care Manager and a Health Care Analyst Track, you have the opportunity to set a focus from the second semester onwards. The tracks recommend courses from the study programme and help you to select
courses according to the desired career profile.
Upon graduation from the interdisciplinary Health Economics course at University of Cologne, you will be prepared to work in public and
private healthcare institutions. Your work will include tasks in the field of management, administration or in associations as
well as health policy management institutions. Further professional prospects for graduates of this interdisciplinary programme
include activities in academic teaching and health, as well as health policy research.
Health Care Manager Track - exemplary areas for job opportunities are:
- Controller for hospitals
- Assistance to the board of directors at the hospital
- Project Manager of health care providers
- Quality Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureFor specialisation within the study programme you can choose a Health Care Manager Track or Health Care Analyst Track.
- A combination is also possible.
- The Health Care Analyst Track supports your professional profile for a career in scientific and academic health care institutions.
- The Health Care Manager Track enables you to specialise for careers in hospital management, quality management or consulting. Analytical-oriented and management-oriented contents are available in each section of the study programme.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Health Management View 14 other Masters in Health Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in the respective field (worth at least 180 ECTS credits) and an overall grade point average of
- at least 2.7 (German grade). Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 60 ECTS credits in Health Economics and/or the field of Business Administration and Economics
- At least 15 ECTS credits in Medicine
- At least 18 ECTS credits in the field of Methods in Health Economics
- English language skills level B2 CEFR
- German language skills level C1 CEFR
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- The University of Cologne does not charge any tuition fees.
- Each semester, all enrolled students of the University of Cologne have to pay a social fee ("Semesterbeitrag").
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.