At a Glance
Studying International Commercial Law at the University of Aberdeen will give you the opportunity to study a diverse number of exciting topics under the guidance of our world-class teaching staff. Our law school ranks 6th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2021) with courses taught by world-class experts who regularly provide consultancy and policy work at international level.
The particular International Commercial Law with Dissertation programme of the University of Aberdeen was designed with the assistance of external experts, including authors of international agreements as well as our internal staff at the University. With this collaborative input, you will gain valuable insights into international commercial law and will advance your understanding of the subject. The programme has been carefully coordinated to align with the competencies required for today’s international job market. The University of Aberdeen is known for attracting world-class teaching staff with international experience in their specialist subjects.
Having the solid foundation of a modern LLM from an ancient and respected university like Aberdeen could open up many career opportunities. Your career options could include being an in-house counsel for a multinational corporation, a legal advisor to governments or NGOs, or even becoming a partner in an international law firm. The programme will also provide a good grounding for an academic career and help you prepare for a PhD.
- Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Comparative Contract Law for International Transactions
- International Intellectual Property: Framework and Challenges
- Copyright and Patents
- World Trade Organisation: Gatt
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Deadlines for applicants not requiring a Visa applying for postgraduate taught degrees starting in January will be confirmed shortly.
DisciplinesBusiness Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 472 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Normally a 2(1) honours degree in Law (or another related discipline) or equivalent.
- Normally a 2(1) honours degree in Law (or another related discipline) or equivalent
- Relevant practical experience in the field of commercial law will also be beneficial
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- A detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
- A reference letter from your university discussing your academic ability
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.