Aims and objectives
The Master of Social Sciences at Carlos III University of Madrid is a Master of excellence, interdisciplinary, with a strong emphasis on methodology, and academically demanding.
The goal of the Master is to train students to do solid and rigorous research in the core topics of the Social Sciences from comparative, historical and quantitative perspectives. The Master offers courses on sociological analysis, social stratification, comparative politics, international relations, economic history, political economy, game theory, statistics and research design.
The faculty consists of members of the IC3JM, the Department of Social Sciences, and the Departments of Economics and Statistics of the Carlos III University as well as visiting professors (leading scholars who are invited to teach a course in the Master).
- States, Regimes and Institutions
- Sociological Analysis
- Historical Analysis of Economic Change
- The Political Economy of Democracy
- Game Theory Applications in Political Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sociology Political Science View 13 other Masters in Sociology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and/or in Spain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be admitted to the Master of Social Sciences will be necessary to hold a Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education of the European Higher Education Area superior (EEES) empower access to postgraduate studies.
- Priority will be given to graduate students in social studies and legal (political science, sociology, economics, history, law), but the door is left open access to any graduate long as you have the motivation and adequate capacity.
- All students must enroll previous Complement learning in Mathematics and Statistics that are indicated in the program (4 ECTS). When the previous studies make not necessary to take them, the student must request the validation of that credits by the usual procedure of Recognition of credits.
International5212 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5212 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2791 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2791 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.