The 120 ECTS Erasmus Mundus Joint Degree Master in International Humanitarian Action at University of Groningen is an inter-university multidisciplinary master.
It provides high quality academic education and professional competencies for personnel working or intending to work in the area of humanitarian action. It is offered by 8 European universities in the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Ireland, Malta, France and Poland. The students can follow the regional training (3rd semester) at various global universities.
- Some 3,500 graduated professionals work in the field of humanitarian relief and international co-operation.
- They hold various positions of responsibility in all kinds of international and national NGOs, institutions, agencies and government both in the field and at headquarters level all around the world.
- Such positions include programme managers, protection officers, field/country directors, emergency team leaders, administrators, researchers, academics and consultants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intensive Programme in Humanitarian Action
- Anthropology and Intercultural Aspects of Humanitarian Action
- Legal Dimensions of Humanitarian Action
- Management in Humanitarian Action
- Public Health the in Humanitarian Action Context
- World Politics and Humanitarian Action
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 74 other Masters in International Relations in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programme is highly selective. Priority is given to students with better results.
- Written bachelor's thesis.
- Bachelor degree in law, health, psychology, sociology, anthropology, economics, management, international relations or any other humanitarian action related field.
- Relevant working experience is an advantage.
- Students will be selected based on an assessment of their prior learning, motivation and, if applicable, earlier field experience.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.