The Masters in Sports Psychology at Liverpool John Moores University programme philosophy seeks to critically engage you with a broad spectrum of Sport Psychology perspectives, drawing on a range of research and applied methodologies. Founded on an academically rigorous knowledge base, studies focus on the impact that research and psychological theory has on applied practice.
Our academic team members have been selected for their specialist expertise, and you will be taught by these experts in performance enhancement. As a postgraduate you will experience a rich and highly relevant education and be able to grow as a research academic in this elite environment of thought-leaders from the field of Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
The integrated and critical nature of the programme promotes qualities and skills relevant to employability within the Sport Psychology field. Many career opportunities are open to you on graduation from the Sports Psychology MSc, such as working as a Sport Psychologist, Exercise Psychologist or Lecturer.
- Research Methods and Training in Sport Psychology
- Performance and Development Issues in Sport Psychology
- Frameworks, Approaches and Skills in Sport Psychology
- Professional Practice in Sport Psychology
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Management Sports Sciences View 368 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in Sport Psychology, Psychology or a related combined award
- Graduate Basis for Certified Membership (GBC) – only for the BPS accredited award
- Applications from students with alternative qualifications: you are not eligible for the BPS accredited Stage 1 award, so cannot complete BPS Stage 2 training to become a HCPC Registered Sport Psychologist or have access to Chartered Membership of the Society
- Applicants for the non-BPS accredited MSc Sport Psychology award would normally be expected to have the same level of honours degree in a related discipline e.g. Sport Science, where significant evidence of sport psychology study can be demonstrated
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part-time
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9710 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9710 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.