You study the curriculum and education theory to be a successful primary or intermediate teacher. The Teaching and Learning (Primary) from Auckland University of Technology includes a practicum of two days per week for 20 weeks and 12 full weeks as well as a research project. There's a focus on future-oriented education, and you'll be equipped to teach and prepare children to live in a future world.
You can apply for TeachNZ scholarships to support your studies.
Graduates can apply for provisional registration with the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand and teach in a primary or intermediate classroom.
Holding a master's degree in teaching and learning will be an advantage in the current competitive employment market.
Graduates planning to continue with postgraduate study should note that this qualification doesn't automatically lead to doctoral study. You will be required to complete additional study in a research methodologies paper at master's level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Papers you study
- Ako: Teaching and Learning
- Being a Responsive Teacher
- Curriculum and Assessment in the Primary/Intermediate Classroom
- Integrated Curriculum in the Primary/Intermediate Classroom
- Becoming an Adaptive Teacher
- Being an Adaptive Teacher
- Teaching as Inquiry
- Critical Reflection on Practice
- Teacher as an Agent of Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- International Students: Applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on programme availability.
DisciplinesPedagogy Teaching View 19 other Masters in Teaching in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
A bachelor’s degree with a B+ grade average or higher in level 7 papers, preferably including education papers
- Personal declaration form (which includes permission for a police clearance)
- Three confidential referee reports (one of your referees will be contacted by telephone and the others will be required to complete a written reference)
- A school visit to one of our partnership schools is required prior to interview
- Face to face interview
Applicants with overseas qualifications must have these assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) as equivalent to a New Zealand level 7 bachelor's degree or above.Other requirements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30380 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7934 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7934 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$13,066 - 13,653
- International: NZ$49,626
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.