Art in Science programme Liverpool John Moores University has been established under the guidance of Professor Caroline Wilkinson, Director of the Liverpool School of Art and Design and the Face Lab. Professor Wilkinson is an experienced practitioner in the collaborative fields of Art and Science with a specialist interest in Forensic Art.
As a student on this course you will explore art-science project briefs in unexpected forms in readiness for application in the world of work. You will enjoy access to a number of established LJMU research centres and will work collaboratively with other students, practitioners and researchers across art and science disciplines. As a graduate you will be able to apply critical and practical skills, research techniques and understanding in your chosen career.
On graduation this MA may be used for a range of purposes within public health, biomedical communications, forensics, education, as well as national and international museums to engage the public with science in a range of contexts. Many graduates may go on to work freelance, however there are also career opportunities in a range of related sectors, working as:
- Educational Technologists within medical and dental schools or for pharmaceutical companies
- Artists within public health and medicine
- Graphic Designers and 3D Modelling Artists for biomedical visualisation companies
- PhD Researchers and Research Assistants for research groups and institutions
- Artists in policing
- Archaeological Visualisers
- Scientific Illustrators
- Studio practice (Art in Science)
- Research and Practice
- Collaborative Practice
- Major Project (Art in Science)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Public Health View 1034 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- minimum 2:1 honours degree in a related subject area (those with a 2:2, non-related degree or non-standard background will be considered on an individual basis and will need to attend an interview and provide a portfolio (plus a CV for non-standard applicants)
- to submit a portfolio of 8-12 images of any subject in any media or written work, that demonstrate your own practice and/or interest in Art/Science
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8135 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8135 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.