Public Policy from The American University in Cairo prepares leaders with strong competencies in public governance, communication and the capability to develop and use and communicate evidence-based analysis in public policy with the highest ethical standards.
Graduates of the program can work as policy analysts, researchers, policy associates, policy advisors and advocates, development and policy consultants, program analysts and sustainability coordinators.
- Research Methods for Public Policy and Administration
- Economics for Public Policy Analysis
- Role of Government in a Market-Oriented Economy
- Public Policy Theory & Practice
- Public Policy Theory and Practice
- Qualitative Analysis for Policy and Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Public Relations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates for the MPP or DPP should have adequate preparation in quantitative analytic methods. Relevant professional experience is desirable but not required.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.