The Automotive Engineering programme from Cranfield University aims to provide graduates with the technical qualities, transferable skills and independent learning ability to make them effective in organisations that design and develop automotive products.
Our strategic links with industry ensure that all of the course material is relevant, timely and meets the needs of organisations competing within the automotive sector. This industry-led education makes Cranfield graduates some of the most desirable in the world for automotive companies to recruit.
We offer students the opportunity to study in a postgraduate only environment where Masters' graduates can go onto secure positions in full-time employment in their chosen field, or undertake academic research. You will be taught by leading academics as well as industrial practitioners, and work alongside a strong research team at Cranfield University. Industry placements are on offer during research work.
Our postgraduate Automotive Engineering course provides you with the necessary skills for a career in the automotive industry. Cranfield’s automotive graduates have an excellent employment record and currently occupy positions of high responsibility in industry, such as managers of research establishments, chief engineers, engine and vehicle programme managers. Some of our graduates decide to continue their education through PhD studies with Cranfield University.
Companies that have recruited graduates of this course include:
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Millbrook Proving Ground
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Vehicle Design Powertrain and Performance
- Engine Fuels and Lubrication
- Automotive Control and Simulation
- Vehicle Structures and Crashworthiness
- Vehicle Dynamics, Ride and Handling
- Vehicle Electrification and Hybridisation
- Engine Simulation and Performance
- Vehicle Dynamics and Suspension Design
The MSc in Automotive Engineering is suitable for graduates in engineering, physics or mathematics, and will prepare you for a career in this exciting field, from engine design to hybrid and electric vehicles, chassis and braking operations, and much more.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering Transportation Engineering View 183 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK Honours degree or equivalent in engineering, mathematics or an applied science and demonstrable motivation for a career in automotive.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- GREAT China Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.