You will develop your technical knowledge and ability to analyse food science problems and gain a deeper understanding of the agrifood business, as well as meeting or maintaining professional accreditation standards and developing your career opportunities.
The Food Science program from University of New South Wales provide strategies and tools to increase efficiency and performance, as well the opportunity to learn alongside like-minded industry professionals. You will also work on a complex, open-ended research-based project, requiring project planning and the ability to analyse, interpret and communicate results proficiently; the completion of this component provides a pathway towards postgraduate research degrees through the development and demonstration of research-related skills.
Why choose this degree?
This degree allows you to update your technical knowledge and skills in food science, or to take a step on the path towards a postgraduate research.
Who should choose this degree?
People who are looking to move professionally into food science, or who already work there but wish to upskill, choose this degree.
- Food safety
- Food engineering
- Product design
- Advanced Food Engineering
- Advanced Processing Technologies
- Sensory Analysis of Foods
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Food Sciences View 21 other Masters in Food Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of New South Wales and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS Code: 084283M
- You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to study at UNSW depending on your educational background and citizenship. English language skills are vitally important for coping with lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations and this is why UNSW requires a minimum English language competency for enrolment.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you will be given an offer to study at UNSW.
International49205 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49205 AUD per year during 24 months.
National36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.