It is designed to apply engineering principles to developing technologies and problem solving in a diverse range of health care related fields. The engineering disciplines within the scope of Biomedical Engineering include Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
You will learn key skills in a range of healthcare-related fields such as implantable bionics, drug-delivery systems, medical imaging, radiotherapies, orthopaedic devices, telemedicine, robotic surgery, and cell and tissue engineering – as well as records management and physical rehabilitation.
Why choose this Biomedical Engineering program from University of New South Wales?
This degree allows you to advance and consolidate your education and professional opportunities in Biomedical Engineering.
Who should choose this degree?
Students who have a background in either engineering or medicine choose this degree to enter this unique and specialised field, or to strengthen their existing skills within it.
- Medical instrument design
- Prosthetics design
- Medical product manufacturing
- Technology management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Engineering (Single Mode)
- Biomedical Engineering (Dual Mode)
- 19 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 000929F
- You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to study at UNSW depending on your educational background and citizenship. English language skills are vitally important for coping with lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations and this is why UNSW requires a minimum English language competency for enrolment.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you will be given an offer to study at UNSW.
International47280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47280 AUD per year during 19 months.
National35760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35760 AUD per year during 19 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.