It is designed to apply engineering principles to developing technologies and problem solving in a diverse range of health care related fields. The engineering disciplines within the scope of Biomedical Engineering include Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
You will learn key skills in a range of healthcare-related fields such as implantable bionics, drug-delivery systems, medical imaging, radiotherapies, orthopaedic devices, telemedicine, robotic surgery, and cell and tissue engineering – as well as records management and physical rehabilitation.
Why choose this Biomedical Engineering program from University of New South Wales?
This degree allows you to advance and consolidate your education and professional opportunities in Biomedical Engineering.
Who should choose this degree?
Students who have a background in either engineering or medicine choose this degree to enter this unique and specialised field, or to strengthen their existing skills within it.
- Medical instrument design
- Prosthetics design
- Medical product manufacturing
- Technology management
- Biomedical Engineering (Single Mode)
- Biomedical Engineering (Dual Mode)
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of New South Wales and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS Code: 000929F
- You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to study at UNSW depending on your educational background and citizenship. English language skills are vitally important for coping with lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations and this is why UNSW requires a minimum English language competency for enrolment.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you will be given an offer to study at UNSW.
International49185 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49185 AUD per year during 21 months.
National36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 AUD per year during 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.