In addition to courses on the theory of interpretation and narrative, the programme gives you an in-depth knowledge of methods in philology and classical and post-classical texts.
- Latin Literature is one of thirteen specializations within the Master’s Programme in Literature at the Faculty of the Humanities, and it is offered by the Department of Romance Studies and Classics.
- The Literature with a Specialization in Latin programme at Stockholm University starts every autumn and comprises four semesters of full-time study, concluding with a 30-credit degree project in the form of a master’s thesis. As a student, you normally take four half-time courses of 7,5 credits per semester, each half of the semester consisting of two parallel courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Narrative Theory
- Methods in Philology
- Classical and Post-Classical Texts
- Seminar Course in Current Theoretical Perspectives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 41 other Masters in Language Studies in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Degree in Latin Literature.
- Swedish Upper Secondary School course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International8936 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17872 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.