Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology from Deakin University has a national reputation for teaching excellence, world-class facilities and graduate employability. This award-winning course creates a simple pathway towards becoming an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, and the 300-plus hours of industry experience you undertake will open the door to exciting opportunities.
Individuals with chronic conditions can now have treatments from an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) covered by Medicare and many private health insurers. This has increased the career opportunities for those with an AEP-recognised qualification, and puts graduates of this course in a strong position for career progression.
Your practical experience, technical knowledge and problem-solving skills will allow you to thrive in a variety of settings including:
- hospital and clinic rehabilitation
- occupational, community and sports rehabilitation
- private practice
- case management through compensable schemes such as Medicare, Worksafe and the TAC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health and Exercise Behaviour
- Exercise Physiology for Cardiopulmonary Disease
- Exercise Physiology for Musculoskeletal Injury and Disease
- Exercise Physiology for Neurological and Neuromuscular Disease
- Exercise Physiology for Metabolic Disease
- Pre Clinical Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 35 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The minimum entry requirements to this course are:
- Bachelor degree in relevant area with eligibility for Exercise Scientist accreditation from Exercise and Sports Science Australia and
- completion of 140 hours of exercise assessment, prescription and delivery for apparently healthy clientele, utilising the ESSA practicum logbook.
- Students are advised to aim for at least a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65% or greater; however achieving 65% or greater WAM does not provide guaranteed entry into the course.
- CRICOS code: 072823J
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 AUD per year during 18 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 18 months.
- $7,950 for 1 yr full-time - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.