The Wine Tourism Innovation programme from Rovira i Virgili University offers a truly integrated study programme which combines the expertise in Tourism and Oenology of three universities and regions: Rovira i Virgili University (URV, Spain), University of Bordeaux (UB, France), and University of Porto (UP, Portugal). These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognised with the label of human heritage by UNESCO, and with a long tradition on wine, producing speciality wines, such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet wines. The training programme is clearly multi-disciplinary and also multisectorial.
The programme covers the absence of a new profession that requires multi-disciplinary and multi-sectorial knowledge and training, while increasing their understanding of wine making and tourism management. High-quality practical training in entrepreneurship and company management is provided by involving the students in internships in the non-academic sector.
The teaching programme includes modules on Wine Tourism and Marketing, Wine Making (mostly focused on sparkling, aged, sweet and fortified wines), Wine heritage, and three different types of internships (on winemaking, marketing, and oenotourism), with the active participation of the non-academic partners in the student training.
Graduates may be eligible for positions in the following areas:
- Private sector: creation of start-ups and business initiatives taking wine as a tourist attraction and tourism as a means for promoting wine and wine regions; management of the international activity of private firms from the wine industry in relation to their marketing strategy and development of wine tourism activities; specialised consultancy in the design and development of new strategies for increasing the competitiveness of the wine sector.
- Public administration: positions in public organisations responsible of the planning, management and promotion of wine tourism products at local, national and international level.
- Research and teaching: participation and leadership of multidiscipliary research teams in the fields of oenology and tourism, either in public or private research organisations.
- Marketing of Tourism and Wine
- Leisure and Wine Tourism
- Sparkling Wine Production
- Spanish Wine Heritage and Culture
- Spanish Wine Regions
- Wine Appellations knowledge, Food matching and Service, Tasting
- ICT and Wine Tourism, Oenotourism 2.0
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applicants Erasmus Mundus scholarships: From 14 November 2019 to 6 February 2020.
- Self-funded applicants: From 12 March 2020 to 29 April 2020.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Food Sciences Tourism & Leisure View 32 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have a completed university bachelor or master's degree/s (minimum 180 ECTS) in the fields of Social Sciences (e.g. Tourism, Economics, Business Management/Administration, Marketing); Natural and Experimental Sciences (e.g. Oenology/Viticulture, Agronomic/Agricultural Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Technology); or Humanities (e.g. Languages, International Relations), or closely related subjects.
- Applicants from EU countries who are currently undertaking their Bachelor's degree and who have already reached 150 ECTS are allowed to apply, but will be accepted only if they successfully pass their exam before the end of July in the same year of inscription.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
- €4,500/year for programme-country students
- €9,000/year for partner-country students
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.