Pervasive Computing and Communications for Sustainable Development from University of Lorraine covers four semesters. The students move as a single cohort. They start their first semester at the University of Lorraine (France). The second semester, the cohort is at Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland), and the third one at Luleå University of Technology (Sweden). The last semester is dedicated to a thesis component and can be undertaken during the training period either in a private company or in one of the laboratories/departments of the different Universities involved in the Master Program.
Students at Pervasive Computing and Communications for Sustainable Development from University of Lorraine will:
- gain competences, skills, and knowledge in computer communications, wireless networking, mobile technologies, software engineering, pervasive and distributed systems,
- be aware of the impact that ICT makes on the environment and efficient use of resources.
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Code camp on Communications Engineering
- Architecture in Systems and Software Development
- Research methods laboratory project
- Linux/Unix in Info communication
- Pervasive computing and Internet of Things
- Clouds, Grid and Cluster systems
- Cultural Programme
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 15 other Masters in Software Engineering in France
- BSc in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, automatic control, and related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 ECTS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automatic/ Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or a closely related area.
- Knowledge of computer networking, programming, and operating systems is recommended.
- The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
- Interview :
- Gender/Name/Email/Birthdate/Postal address/Phone.
- Citizenship and country of residence.
- Scanned image of your passport showing your picture.
- University degrees (held or currently studying) and universities where those degrees were obtained.
- Academic certificates,
- Two recommendation letters.
- Employment information.
- Proof of proficiency in English.
- Motivation letter
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nancy
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.