The Forensic Psychology course at Kingston University is concerned with the psychological issues associated with criminal behaviour and the treatment of those who have committed offences. It refers to the investigation of deception, fraud, crime and the psychological aspects of legal and judicial process.
You will learn how psychology is applied in various forensic settings and be introduced to the role of the forensic psychologist in practice. You will gain knowledge of the legal aspects of forensic psychology, such as considerations for courts and sentencing, and examine the aetiology of criminal behaviour in depth.
Where this course will take you
The course offers a placement within a forensic, clinical or research setting for each student. I was allocated a placement in a medium security hospital for women in West London, a placement I hugely enjoyed. I was able to complete risk assessments, create and lead an art therapy group, and co-faciliate a CBT/DBT based group.
During the course we also received lectures from professionals in forensic psychology, which exposed us to potential career paths and an opportunity to meet practitioners from different services.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Antisocial behaviours across the lifespan; Treatment and intervention
- Applications of Forensic Psychology
- Psychology Dissertation
- Research Design and Analysis
- Investigative and Legal Processes in Forensic Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science View 102 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
- This course is open to those applicants who normally have achieved an upper second class degree in psychology with BPS accreditation.
- We normally invite applicants for an interview with a panel comprising of the course director, and two other senior members of the teaching team. International students based overseas can arrange for an interview via Skype.
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home and European Union: MSc part time £5,060
- Overseas (not EU): MSc full time £8,195
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.