To pursue success, we must be able to see beyond the ends of our noses, and rise to meet the new challenges that society throws at us.
The success of decision-makers in politics, economics, science and society depends on their having a solid foundation in knowledge: they must be able to recognize challenges and threats very early, and know how to overcome them. The capacity to think in an interdisciplinary and goal-oriented manner, grounded in broad expertise, is becoming ever more important in the generation of knowledge.
Since the start of Winter Term 2008/09, the Faculty of Business Administration at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich has offered a new and unique Master in Business Administration. The programme is designed for outstanding students who have, during the course of their Bachelor’s degree, developed a passion for continuing with research-focused and project-driven studies.
The programme is full time over two years, and is divided into four semesters. During your study you are required to obtain 120 ECTS points. Admission to the Master’s course is restricted to those with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a related discipline.
Together with teaching, research is at the core of our work. In compliance with the diversity of our chairs we offer a wide range of research areas. Our research outcome is reflected in high-grade doctoral and postdoctoral theses. For applied sciences we furthermore engage in project-oriented collaborations not only with other academic institutions but also with business partners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Munich School of Management at LMU Munich arranges its chairs and professorships according to eight cluster:
- Finance & Insurance
- Marketing & Strategy
- Technology & Innovation
- Information Systems & Digital Business
- Leadership & Human Resources
- Health Care Management
- Human Resource & Management Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 106 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A filled-out and signed application form (to be filled in under 6.);
- Your CV;
- A copy of the certificate of your Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree programme), in Business Administration, Economics, or a related discipline. Bachelor’s degrees need to have 180 ECTS points, including 15 ECTS points in basic business administration and 15 ECTS points in economics. If the final degree certificate is not yet available, you will have to submit a transcript of records with a minimum of 140 ECTS points validated;
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your home university. The letter must indicate your qualifications and achievements in relation to your peers;
- Non–native-German speakers will need proof of German language proficiency (DSH 2 or equivalent)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.