The Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE) offered by Maastricht University gives participants the knowledge and skills required for a career in health professions education and research. It is essential to ensure that those who train healthcare professionals create effective educational programmes that result in high quality health services.
The MHPE is a two-year, half-time programme taught in English. It is largely based on distance learning, with a maximum of three short periods in Maastricht.
CareersGraduated Masters and leaders in health professions education around the globe stay strongly involved and connected in the SHE Community. Together we build a network of health professions education experts worldwide.
- Health Professions Education
- Learning and Cognition
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Organisation and Leadership
- Academic Research Skills
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of your passport (identification page)
- Passport-sized picture
- Certified photocopies of higher education diplomas.
- Motivation letter explaining why you want to participate in the MHPE programme
- Application form
- Copy of TOEFL or IELTS score or in case of exemption "proof of suffiency in English"
- Financial statement (a letter from your institute/sponsor stating you will be financed for the entire programme)
- A Master of Science (MSc) degree in a medical or health profession (see relevant domains in table below) from a university or
- A Bachelor degree in a medical or health profession (see relevant domains in table below) and substantial teaching experience (e.g., as course or programme coordinator).
- Access to a medical or other health-related curriculum
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- The tuition fee is € 16,000 to be paid in two installments of € 8,000.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.