Higher Education from Appalachian State University is for those interested in beginning or advancing careers in higher or adult education. It provides opportunities for students to explore and apply research and theory to the complex contexts of today’s educational environments.
- Basic skills/developmental education instructors
- ESOL instructors
- Faculty in career-tech programs
- Leaders in adult and developmental education
- Learning specialists
- Professional developers/trainers
- Program directors or coordinators
- Tutorial coordinators
- Research Methods
- Adult Development and Learning Theories
- College and University Teaching
- American Higher Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Spring Admission - priority deadline is October 1
- Fall Admission - priority deadline is February 1
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 4292 other Masters in Education in United States
- Required Entrance Exam: GRE or MAT (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
- Graduate School: 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
International19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
National19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4839 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4839 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.