The world’s natural resources are limited and slowly being depleted, resulting in a growing demand for skilled specialists who can contribute to the repurposing of existing resources and the discovery of new ones.
Over the course of your the Biological Resources M.Sc. offered by Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences, you will acquire the expertise needed to recognise and utilise biological resources in terms of their economic potential, while also taking into consideration critical ecological and social constraints.
The degree programme combines the advanced study of the natural sciences with relevant interdisciplinary subjects such as engineering and socio-economics to impart to you the knowledge and the critical eye to evaluate the future potential of certain biological resources in a scientific manner. This expertise is crucial in countless real-world applications, for example in the development of ‘bio-based products’ such as bioenergy, biopackaging, bioplastic or new sources of food, to name a few.
Biological Resources M.Sc. places particular emphasis on acting as an interface to the bio-based economy. Close research cooperation with many companies in the Lower Rhine region affords you the unique chance to acquire valuable practical experience within the bioeconomy during your studies.
Graduates are skilled specialists qualified for a broad range of careers in:
- Consultancy positions for government authorities, agencies and/or non-governmental organisations (NGOs), e.g. environmental protection agencies or related organisations
- Key positions as a sustainability officer or natural conservation officer at national and multinational companies and organisations
- Research and development positions in industry or at universities
- Biological Resource Value Chains and Sustainability Management
- Marine Bioresources
- Use of Diversity in a Changing World
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Innovation Management
- Module from any Master Study Course at Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Sustainable Development Ecology View 12 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A professionally qualifying first degree in the same or a related field to the desired master’s degree programme (required by § 49 section 7 of the Higher Education Act NRW(Hochschulgesetz));
- The final cumulative grade for the professionally qualifying first degree must meet the minimum grade requirement set for the desired programme
- English language certificate
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences does not charge any tuition. Students are obliged to pay an enrolment fee for each new semester: €321.32
Living costs for Kleve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.