Upon completion of the Management Economics course offered by the University of Essex you will be able to think strategically and will be equipped to discuss economic theory in plain language, relating it to managerial decisions and market intelligence. You explore topics including:
- Contract theory, incentive theory, and the theory of the firm
- Real-world management decision-making
- The interaction between firms in different market structures
- How strategic interactions can affect sales and profitability
- The main principles and theories of modern microeconomics
After completing your masters, you may wish to extend your knowledge with a research degree – many Essex graduates decide to stay here for further study.
Alternatively, our course also prepares you for employment; recent surveys have shown that higher degree graduates are more likely to obtain jobs at professional or managerial level.
On our course you gain key employability skills including mathematical techniques, research skills, communication and modelling.
More generally, our graduates find employment in roles such as business and financial analysts, management consultants, government officials, and economists for banks and other financial organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Methods
- Theory of Industrial Organisation
- Economics of Incentives
- Econometric Methods
- Economic Development Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Econometrics View 121 other Masters in Econometrics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree with an overall 2.2 in a discipline related to economics such as: Economics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Physics or any other degree with a strong maths component.
- The Degree should contain some economics components including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics or Econometrics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13030 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.