You gain a broad and comprehensive understanding of financial economics. In particular, you explore topics including:
- Notions of risk and return in equity markets, both in the context of asset pricing and in the management of equity portfolios
- Optimisation theory
- How economic arguments work
- The role of equilibrium
After completing your masters, you may wish to extend your knowledge with a research degree – many Essex graduates decide to stay here for further study.
Alternatively, our course also prepares you for employment; recent surveys have shown that higher degree graduates are more likely to obtain jobs at professional or managerial level.
The Financial Economics course offered by the University of Essex you will gain key skills in the analysis of complex financial data. In addition you will develop key employability skills like mathematical techniques, statistical analysis and computer skills and acquire a deep knowledge of how financial markets work and how to analyse them.
Our recent graduates have gone on to work for a range of high-profile organisations:
- Ernst and Young
- Amba Research
- Indicus Analytics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometric Methods
- Economics of Financial Markets
- Mathematical Methods
- Topics in Financial Economics
- Applications of Data Analysis
- Computational Agent-Based Macro-Economics, Financial Markets and Policy Design
- Economic Development Theory
- Economics of Incentives, Contracts and the Firm
- Game Theory and Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 531 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- A degree with an overall 2.2 in a discipline related to economics such as: Economics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Physics or any other degree with a strong maths component.
- The Degree should contain some economics components including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics or Econometrics.
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12410 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.