With the Financial Economics and Accounting course offered by the University of Essex you gain in-depth knowledge of the use of accounting information in organisational control and decision making, plus the use of financial statements and the problems of measurement and disclosure, and explore topics including:
- Optimisation theory
- How economic arguments work
- The role of equilibrium
- Notions of risk and return in equity markets
- Asset pricing and the management of equity portfolios
After completing your masters, you may wish to extend your knowledge with a research degree – many Essex graduates decide to stay here for further study.
Alternatively, our course also prepares you for employment; recent surveys have shown that higher degree graduates are more likely to obtain jobs at professional or managerial level.
Graduates will be well placed for success in decision making in the interface between economics and accounting. Key skills include analytical reasoning, mathematical techniques, research and the evaluation of business accounts. One recent graduate of MSc Accounting and Financial Economics is now a finance officer for Save the Children China programme.
Our graduates find employment in roles such as business and financial analysts, management consultants, government officials, and economists for banks and other financial organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics of Financial Markets
- Issues in Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Mathematical Methods
- Econometric Methods
- Economic Development Theory
- Economics of Incentives, Contracts and the Firm
- Game Theory and Applications
- International Finance
- International Trade
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 472 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- A degree with an overall 2.2 in a discipline related to economics such as: Economics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Physics or any other degree with a strong maths component.
- The Degree should contain some economics components including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics or Econometrics.
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19380 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National12410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12410 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.