This research based Geological Sciences program at University of Saskatchewan allows you to pursue a degree in one of the following fields of geological sciences:
- paleontology, paleobiology and paleobotany
- mineralogy, petrology and ore geology
- structural geology and tectonics
- sedimentology and stratigraphy
While studying in the Department of Geological Sciences, you will have access to world class facilities to support your research including:
- Saskatchewan Isotope Laboratory
- Electron Microprobe Laboratory
- X-ray Diffraction Laboratory
- Aqueous and Environmental Geochemistry Laboratories
- Electronic Paramagnetic Resonance Laboratory
- Hydrothermal Mineralogy and Geochemistry Laboratory
- Global Geochronology and Lithostratigraphy Database
- Advanced computing facilities
You will also have access to other world class facilities housed at the University of Saskatchewan including:
- Canadian Light Source – Canada’s only synchrotron
- Saskatchewan Structural Sciences Centre
- Advanced (electron) microscopy facilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Isotope geology; Mineral deposits; Precambrian Geology; Trans-Hudson Orogen; base metals; lithogeochemistry; petrology; precious metals; rare earth elements; uranium
- Canada; climate change; conifer; paleobotany
- Ediacaran; Ichnology; Neogene; Paleobiology; Sedimentology; paleontology; stratigraphy
- Applied Geophysics; Compaction; Geophysics; Mantle; Numerical modelling; Porous; Tektite
- Southern Africa; exploratory data analysis; geochemical; geotectonic; hydrochemistry; isotope
- Disease; health; mercury; metals; spectroscopy; toxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeology View 32 other Masters in Geology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent)in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.