The Science Education MA program from San José State University is designed to augment and broaden the candidate's knowledge of current advances in science education research and to examine best practices.
Graduates with Science Education from San José State University will be able to:
- synthesize primary literature from science education research and apply how it fits to their project.
- demonstrate knowledge of at least two areas (e.g. inquiry based instruction, learning theory, assessment) that are related to, or supportive of research for their project.
- present science and science education content in the form of graduate seminars or in the oral defense of their project (also known as the culminating experience).
- organize and write the results of their project in a manner consistent with standards in professional science education publications.
- Language/Literacy Development of L2 Learners
- Social, Philosophical Multicultural Fdn
- Psychological Foundations of Secondary Teacher Education
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Including and Supporting Students
- Health Education for the Classroom Teacher
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences Teaching View 3575 other Masters in Education in United States
- Undergraduate major with a grade point average of 2.75
- Demonstrated subject-matter competency in science, either through a baccalaureate degree in science or by passing the Science Subtests of the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) and one Specialized Science CSET in either biology, chemistry, geoscience or physics
- Evidence of appropriate goal(s) and commitment to graduate-level study as demonstrated by a personal statement
- Letters of recommendation from two or more persons qualified to judge the applicant’s potential as a graduate student
- English-language proficiency
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- International Coursework and Degrees
- U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Declaration of Finance Form
- Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Copy of Current Passport and Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 36 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 36 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.