Noted for its treatment of philosophy in a global context as well as its engagement with issues reflecting its Silicon Valley setting, the Department of Philosophy at San José State University offers classes taught by faculty recognized and highly regarded for both teaching and scholarship.
Our curriculum is equally strong in traditional and innovative areas of philosophy, such as feminist and applied philosophy, and we offer both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Because the study of philosophy develops a student's ability to analyze ideas and arguments, to think critically and to write well, a major in philosophy provides pre-professional training in a number of fields, including the fields of law, medicine, psychology and theology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Seminar in a Selected Philosopher or Tradition
- Advanced Seminar in Epistemology and Metaphysics
- Advanced Seminar in Ethics or Aesthetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 182 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
To be considered for admission into SJSU, graduate applicants must meet the minimum CSU Eligibility requirements and SJSU program requirements set forth by our individual departments. SJSU minimum requirements for graduate school eligibility are:
- The completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a foreign country, or the completion of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Hold a GPA of at least 2.5 (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a GPA of 2.5 in the last two years of full time study
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.