You will gain in-depth training, knowledge and research experience through their thesis work while also benefiting from the broad, cross-disciplinary approach followed in the course work.
The objectives of the program are:
- to foster your ability to do high quality, scientifically rigorous research in your discipline;
- to expand your understanding of concepts, theories and practices in your discipline such that you can successfully advance to doctoral studies;
- to provide the knowledge base and skills to analyze and evaluate programs, policies, environmental issues, and organizational structures related to applied health sciences;
- to enhance your abilities to apply and disseminate new knowledge and practices to colleagues, practitioners, policy makers/analysts, and other professionals in applied health sciences.
Advanced course of Applied Health Sciences at Brock University work and strong research experience prepare you to continue you graduate training at the doctoral level.You will also be prepared to pursue the wide variety of career possibilities in health, kinesiology, recreation, and sport management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Issues in Applied Health Sciences Research
- Social Responsibility for Sports, Recreation and Health
- International Relations and Globalization of Sport
- Power, Politics and Policy for Applied Health Sciences
- Theory and Practice of Health Program Planning and Evaluation
- Qualitative Data Analysis and Interpretation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Health Sciences View 253 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be considered for admission to a Master’s program, a student will normally hold a four year degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited university with a minimum 75% (mid-B) average over the last two years of full-time undergraduate study.
You will need to submit your transcripts as well as the following program-specific materials:
- Three references are required.
- A statement of intent, a free form letter or essay, of no more than two pages in length, in which applicants indicate their career aspirations/plans, specific research interests, and experience relevant to the program
- Prospective students are required to make personal contact with potential supervisors as part of the application process
International23502 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23502 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8175 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8175 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for St. Catharines
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.