- Generally most bachelor degrees in engineering and science include only a limited exposure to the processing, properties and microstructure of solid state materials used throughout society. Yet the bulk of engineers and many scientists will at some point in their career become involved with material selection for new products or manufacturing plants, testing and characterization of products, failure analysis, etc. Thus, our master’s degree allows students to expand and supplement their current skill set in a relatively short period of time whether they choose a thesis or non-thesis option.
- The Materials Engineering students at the University of Dayton include those who recently graduated with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science, as well as those who have been out in industry or the government sector for any period of time and wish to “start-up” again. Most of our classes are offered after 5 p.m. for those working full-time jobs off campus, and some of our courses are offered online. Overall, we have a very flexible program that can accommodate a diverse array of students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Materials
- Techniques of Materials Analysis.
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials.
- Ceramic Materials.
- Polymer Science-Thermoplastics.
- High Performance Thermoset Polymers.
- Principles of Corrosion.
- Methods of Polymer Analysis.
- Chemical Behavior of Materials.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 314 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In addition to the online application, you should submit the following:
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement or résumé.
- Results from the GRE are not required. However, candidates are welcome to submit a score in support of their application.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited program in engineering, physics, chemistry, applied mathematics or other appropriate program of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.