The Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship (ICCE) provides a unique environment to study and research, with world leading academic thinkers within a university globally recognised for its research excellence.
ICCE welcomes proposals from highly qualified individuals who wish to pursue PhD degrees. These research projects should be of the highest quality, in keeping with Goldsmiths' reputation as a leading producer of exceptional research.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people interested in carrying out research into:
- cultural and creative entrepreneurship
- creative industries
- business models for the creative economy
- social entrepreneurship
- cultural tourism
- culture and regeneration
- cultural relations and diplomacy
- audience development
- cultural policy
Current PhD studies being undertaken in ICCE include:
- 21st century competencies
- leadership of arts and cultural organisations
- personalisation of the arts offer
- value and how to assess this in the creative industries
- audience development
- the business of comedy
- applied conceptual art
- cultural diplomacy
Possible careers include:
- Practice-orientated work
- Development work
- Work in social innovation and social economy
- Work in the arts and cultural sector and cultural and creative industries
More informationVisit official programme website
You'll be supervised by a full-time member of staff, generally agreed during the preliminary discussions regarding your research with the ICCE Director. PhD theses are up to a maximum of 100,000 words.
You should aim to complete and submit your PhD thesis within the time-frame specified by Goldsmiths. This is normally three to four years for full-time students and four to six years for part-time.
A thesis for the award of MPhil may be submitted after two years of full-time or three years of part-time study. Registration can be changed from full-time to part-time status, and vice-versa, with the agreement of your supervisor. You'll be required to complete the appropriate form for change of status available from the Admissions Office or from the ICCE Administrator.
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship View 143 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
- You should normally have (or expect to be awarded) a taught Masters in a relevant subject area.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- Home/EU: £2203.50
- International: £7520
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.