The Finance (full-time) programme from London School of Economics and Political Science offers high level graduates, whose backgrounds may not necessarily be in finance, a unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive foundation and subsequent depth in the field. One of the most sought after degrees at LSE, the programme attracts some of the very best students from leading institutions from around the world.
You will gain an in-depth grounding with core courses in corporate finance and financial markets, before tailoring the degree to your goals with a range of optional courses, including a number of specifically designed applied courses. You will have the opportunity to gain deeper practical insight and links to the City, and will benefit from close interaction with LSE's Financial Markets Group and the Systemic Risk Centre, which attract leading finance researchers from across the world to their numerous research seminars and conferences. You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with the MSc Finance (part-time) students throughout the year.
The programme enjoys an excellent reputation amongst employers, with alumni working in a range of organisations including leading investment banks, financial institutions, consultancies and boutique firms.
City Speaker Series
During September the Department organises a number of City Speaker lecturers where practitioners from range of different areas of finance are invited in to talk to our students about their roles and the skills required to succeed. These sessions offer an informal opportunity for students to learn about specific sectors within finance and to assess their fit for specific careers and roles.
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Markets
- Fixed Income Securities and Credit Markets
- Topics in Portfolio Management
- Mergers, Buyouts and Corporate Restructurings
- Financial Engineering
- Risk Management in Financial Markets
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance View 722 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in any discipline and good quantitative skills, at least to A level Mathematics (or the equivalent)
- GMAT or GRE is required for all applicants without a UK undergraduate degree (GMAT strongly preferred). GMAT is recommended for applicants with UK undergraduate degrees, especially those whose quantitative skills are not demonstrated by their undergraduate studies, or those who did not achieve or are not expected to achieve a first class degree
International35568 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35568 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 10 months.
EU/EEA35568 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35568 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.