Why to study
Our focus is with the development of advanced social work intervention methods as well as with broader aspects and issues of service delivery, professional leadership, social policy analysis, and social welfare research.
Students may select major areas of study such as: social policy, social justice and human rights, direct practice, community development and research. The MSW program provides an option to complete the program with a thesis or a practicum.
The Social Work program at the University of Regina is designed to enable students to undertake a variety of responsibilities in management, policy formulation, program consultation, planning, research roles, and advanced direct social work practice within human services. Fundamental to the program is an emphasis on integrative analysis as a means of understanding the manner in which social research, direct social work practice, social policy development, and social administration are interrelated.
Candidates may be enrolled on either a full time or part time basis. Students must maintain candidacy. No more than two semesters may elapse before a student is required to register. Students have a maximum of five years to complete the thesis program and six years to complete the practicum program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- End of Life Issues
- Social Policy Analysis
- Family and Child Policies and Programs
- Theory and Practice in Human Service Organizations
- Aging, Society and Human Service Work
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 30 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought.
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International1528 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1528 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National336 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.