A multi-disciplinary approach to education is evident in the Chemical Engineering program's specialization areas of biotechnology, environmental engineering, and semiconductor processing. Elective courses are also available in science, business, and other engineering fields.
This broad-based, multi-disciplinary education has proven to be an important factor for a student's future success, either at leading Silicon Valley companies or in Ph.D. programs. Class schedules are designed for the convenience of employed engineers who wish to pursue graduate work on a part-time basis.
The faculty are actively involved in research in a number of areas including: biochemical engineering, semiconductor processing, alternative energy, microfluidics, polymers and nanocomposites, nanotechnology, and environmental health and safety engineering, remediation, and bioprocess engineering. Research activity is sponsored by local industries as well as by government funding agencies.
The Chemical Engineering program at San José State University welcomes students with undergraduate degrees in a variety of other engineering and science disciplines.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mass Transfer
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Reaction Kinetics GWAR
- Transport Processes
- MS Thesis/Project Preparation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering View 175 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
- Candidates must meet all the university admission requirements. Students can be admitted in either classified or conditionally classified standing. To be admitted to classified standing, a student must possess a U.S. baccalaureate degree with a major in chemical engineering and a grade point average of 3.0 or better in the last 60 units, from an ABET accredited chemical engineering program.
- Students can be admitted with conditionally classified standing if they have a CHE degree from a US accredited university in which they obtained a 2.7-2.99 GPA in the last 60 units; a CHE degree from a non-US institution; or a BS degree in related discipline, chemistry, biology, or physics from an accredited institution.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.