Why to study
- Faculty members and graduate students pursue their research locally, and at locations elsewhere in Canada, the United States, Europe and Japan. Graduate instruction is provided in an encouraging and productive environment. The department of Physics at the University of Regina is an associate member of the TRIUMF subatomic physics laboratory in Vancouver, and has a close relationship with the Jefferson Laboratory in Newport News, Virginia, USA. Our department is also an institutional member of the international ATLAS collaboration at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and is an institutional member of both the institute of Particle Physics and the Canadian Institute for Nuclear Physics.
- There is also an adjunct faculty member who conducts research in Observational Astronomy. Students working with him may receive the MSc degree in Physics.
- Classical Electrodynamics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Field Theory
- General Relativity
- Relativistic Astrophysics and Cosmology
- Theoretical Nuclear Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 35 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought. English Proficiency Tests
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International6916 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3458 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4350 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2175 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Regina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The University of Regina offers and administers many scholarships and awards that provide financial help to our students. Once you have been accepted as a fully-qualified student with no conditions or holds on your admission, then you are eligible to apply for our scholarships, awards, or graduate teaching assistant positions.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research has created a NEW online scholarship application system, the Graduate Awards Portal (GAP). GAP allows you to view all of the scholarships, awards, bursaries, fellowships and prizes that the University of Regina offers our graduate students. You can apply for awards online, a
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.