Why to study
The Kinesiology and Health Studies program at the University of Regina offers students the opportunity to critically examine issues within the areas of health, exercise sciences, social science of physical activity and recreation, adapted physical activity, sport management and recreation and leisure studies.
Students have the option of taking a course from outside the Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies in lieu of a second Special Topics or Directed Reading course as a part of the course work component of the program. Any courses to be taken from outside the Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies must be approved by the Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies Graduate Chair prior to registration.
The faculty works closely with other units with respect to courses available and appropriate in the program. For example, there are many Administration, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Geography, Education, Engineering, Sociology and Social Work courses that would be beneficial to the research efforts of students investigating aspects of physical activity in the bio-physical sciences, social sciences, recreation, sport management, and adapted physical activity studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Research Seminar in Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Statistics in Kinesiology & Health Research
- Qualitative Research Methods and Experience in Kinesiology and Heath
- Research Design and Methods in Kinesiology and Applied Health Sciences
- Directed Readings in Biomechanics
- Special Topics in Biomechanics
- Directed Readings in Sport Management
- Special Topics in Sport Management
- Directed Readings in Recreation & Leisure
- Special Topics in Recreation & Leisure
- Social Psychology of Physical Activity and Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComplementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 218 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International1528 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1528 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National336 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.